Saturday, June 12, 2010

What I hate about gay men

You know what I hate about gay men? That they don't have a sense of respect for each other, especially when it comes to sex. Case in point: The other night I'm at one of the bars here in L.A., talking to this really hot guy. It's going well, I'm thinking there might be a possibility for some sparks here, and then, after striking out with a couple inside the bar, two "friends" of mine come walking over and essentially cock-blocked me bigtime by making the moves on my guy. Of course, the guy I was talking to ended up going home with them instead. What really fucking annoyed me about this was that it was a couple that did this. It's like, Wait a fucking minute! You guys are a couple! You already have someone to go home to! Fucking leave the single guys to the rest of us who don't have anyone! I mean, right?

Look, all is fair in love and war, but I don't believe that's the case when it comes to just getting off. When did it become OK for us to shit all over each other in the name of sex? It pisses me off that gay men are just takers, take-take-taking whatever they want without any regard for others. Straight men have a code of honor about this kind of thing: You don't go after a bro's girl. It's just not done. But in the gay community, that same honor code doesn't really exist. It's all, Hey, I'm horny, so fucking get out of my way! And I guess that's OK in the long run. I'm not going to let it bother me beyond this blog entry, but still, just to put this out there: If you don't respect your fellow gay men, then how in the hell do you expect anyone to respect you when you're the one trying to score?

2 comments:

  1. Don't get down. It happens as much in straight circles as in gay circles. It's a human condition. People are selfish. Keep your chin up buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete